Our vision is to inspire beautifully- nurturing mind, body + soul in harmony with each other and our Mother Earth.
When you purchase from Bohemian Bright you’re not only supporting a small, family-run business, but also contributing towards ethical and sustainable production practices locally and globally.
Bohemian Bright was born from Dani's love of hand crafting natural products that were not only aesthetically beautiful but enhanced people + planet to shine a little brighter. We continue to honour that tradition by handmaking our aromatherapy range right here in Australia and supporting sustainable and ethical artisans around the world.
Our fabrics are carefully curated to align with our values. We are conscious that cotton farming can have negative environmental impacts, which is why we only source from sustainable suppliers to make the best use of this renewable, biodegradable fabric. Our core Bohemian Bright clothing range is made of a luxurious cotton blend, and our line of Little Bright clothing makes use of linen, organic cotton and bamboo: biodegradable fabrics with gentle farming practices to protect the planet for generations to come. Even our aromatherapy line has a focus on sustainability: our packaging is proudly plastic-free, we use only pure and organic essential oils, and the soy wax in our candles is eco-friendly, sustainable and renewable.
We have always ensured that our global partners are independently certified and abide by non-negotiable standards in place to protect workers. These standards focus on a safe work environment and fair pay for the individuals producing our products. Including;
- Workers must be paid a liveable wage equal to or above the legal or industry standard. This wage must be sufficient to meet the basic needs of workers and their families with some discretionary income.
- Child labour is strictly prohibited.
- Workers must not be asked to work unreasonable hours. Overtime must always be offered to workers as voluntary and must be paid at a higher rate than standard wages. Work hours must comply with legal or industry standards.
- Workers must be given equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, disability, religion or similar.
How we shine bright every day:
- Every time we design and craft a new product, we ensure that minimal plastics and man made materials are used both in fabrics and packaging.
- All soft plastics in both our warehouse and boutique are consciously recycled through REDcycle.
- All packages are either sent with a recyclable card board box or a compostable mailer
Our sustainability journey is exactly that, a journey, one we are continually working on new ways to improve.
Although recycling soft plastics is a first step, our goal for 2022/2023 is to completely eradicate soft plastics being used within our supply chain and use only compostable where possible.
We love to hear what is important to you as we journey towards leaving the planet a little brighter!
Join our family and the journey towards shining a little brighter with us.